Inchcape Retail Belgium, company number BE0459491374
Address: Boulevard Industriel 198, 1070 Anderlecht
Hereafter "we" or "us" or "IRB".
- WHAT DATA IS COLLECTED?
The following categories of data may be collected by us, which vary according to your relationship with us:
General information, such as
- Your name, first name, title, language
- Your e-mail address,
- Your fixed and/or mobile telephone number, ...
- All the personal information that you voluntarily and without obligation communicate to us (e.g. family composition, profession
- Information about the interactions between you and us, such as the type of information you wish to receive
Information about the consents that you have given to us and our management of those consents (including, for example, record keeping and processing of withdrawal of consent).
Automatic Data Collection
Our website uses server logs, which register your interactions with our website and the web pages you visit in relation to the current Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer. The automated processes we use to collect information are cookies, log files and Wi-Fi access point tags.
- PURPOSES AND LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
We process your data for the purposes and on the legal basis described below:
Follow up and answer your enquiries :
- To follow up and respond to your request for a test drive, quotation, brochure, appointment or information on " BYD " products and services or any other request for information
Execution of a contract or
legitimate interest pursued by the Controller(s) or a third party
Evaluate and improve the quality of our products, services and customer experience:
- To carry out market analyses, financial management or reporting,
- To send you satisfaction surveys to know how you experience the customer relationship and the products and services (no marketing research or marketing content).
- To combat potential fraud, crimes and offences and to manage potential legal disputes and proceedings
- For evaluating of the quality of our products and services by our corporate group
- For carrying out research and development activities by our corporate group
Legitimate interest pursued by the Controller(s) or a third party
Sending out marketing communications and marketing surveys:
- To answer all your specific requests (sending you brochures, quotations, answering your questions, ...)
- To allow us to carry out marketing communications, via all channels, including social networks
- To send you information and invitations to events that we organise.
- To send you market research surveys and polls with marketing, advertising or promotional content related to you, and/or our products and services, as well as your interests, preferences and expectations, and to follow up on your feedback.
- To follow up on your participation in our competitions
- To send you the newsletters you have subscribed to
You can withdraw your consent(s) at any time (see below).
We want to assure you that your consent will not be used to spam, inundate you with communications or be intrusive. What you will receive from us is relevant and useful to you. This information is then used to personalise our communications with you and to provide you with personalised offers, advertisements and invitations.
For example, we may review your various interactions with us or, if you agree to receive emails from us, we may detect whether you open and read them, which helps us to determine what interests you and helps us to ensure that the information we provide to you is of interest to you.
Your consent (provided separately)
Sharing of your personal data to comply with a legal obligation :
To comply with our legal obligations (e.g. to comply with a court order or an order or request from an authority (police, etc.).
- RETENTION PERIOD OF YOUR DATA
Our policies and procedures use the following criteria to determine the retention periods for Personal Data for the purposes described above:
- The period of time that has elapsed since your last interaction with us;
- The time it takes for us and for you to respond to your request(s).
- The existence of an actual or potential dispute or disagreement (e.g. we need this information to bring legal claims or defend against legal claims), in which case we will keep your information until the dispute or disagreement is resolved;
- The existence of a regulatory or legal obligation to retain personal information (e.g. for tax purposes), in which case we will keep your information for as long as such obligation requires.
- RECIPIENTS OF YOUR DATA
Your data is shared with and made accessible to the categories of recipients listed below:
- External subcontractors, in the context of services they perform on our behalf (e.g. external call centers, advertising agencies, IT service providers, ...).
- Other entities within our organisation or brand environment, such as other companies belonging to the same group as IRB, among which BYD EUROPE B.V.
Transfer of Data outside the European Economic Area:
We may transfer your Data to destinations outside the EEA, including the United States
In the event that your Data is transferred outside the EEA, we will ensure that your Data is protected by the following safeguards:
- The law of the country to which your data is transferred provides an adequate level of data protection (Article 45 GDPR); or
- The transfer is subject to data protection clauses approved by the European Commission (Article 46 et seq.GDPR).
- USE OF SOCIAL NETWORKS
If in the course of our relationship, you use a specific social network login ID (for example, your Facebook account), we will collect your personal data available on that social network, and the use of such social network login ID will constitute your consent to the disclosure of your personal data collected by us in this way.
In certain specific cases (e.g. via use of the "share", "like" or "follow" buttons) we may be considered joint Controllers with Facebook for the collection and processing of your data.
- YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
We want to be as transparent as possible with you, so that you can make informed choices about how you want us to use your personal data.
Your personal data
You can always contact us at the address given at the beginning of the document to find out what personal data we hold about you and where it comes from. Under certain conditions, you have the right to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a machine-readable, commonly used format and to transfer your personal data to a third party of your choice.
Your right of rectification
If you find an error in your personal data or if you notice that it is incomplete or incorrect, you can also ask us to correct or complete it.
Your right to restrict the processing
You have the right to request a restriction on the processing of your personal data (e.g. while the accuracy of your personal data is being verified).
Your right to object / right to be forgotten and right to withdraw consent
You can object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (if you prefer, you can also tell us through which channel and how often you want us to contact you) or to the sharing of your personal data with a third party for the same purpose.
You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time by contacting us.
In addition, you can ask us to delete your data (except in certain cases, for example to provide proof of a transaction or in the event of a legal obligation).
You also have the right at any time to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority, at the address Rue de la Presse 35, 1000 Brussels, or by e-mail addressed to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.
Version of 2022/08/12